Configuring Outlook and Other Email Clients
Spinnaker clients can access email using both an email client and through the web. The directions for both methods are included below.
Pop3 (incoming) server:
Port 995 (SSL encrypted)
SMTP (outgoing) server
Port 465 (using SSL encrypted setting)
Username authentication (SSL)
Usernames consist of your complete email address, not just the part before the @ sign.
Through Email clients such as Outlook Express
- Open Outlook Express
- Click on Tools in the toolbar.
- When a pop-up window opens, click on Accounts.
- In the right hand part of the new pop-up window you see a button labeled "Add". Click on that, and then select mail.
- Follow the wizard that opens up. When it asks you to put in the POP3 server name, put in pop3.spinnakerweb.com.
- For the smtp server name, use the smtp server information you are currently using, that was provided to you by your ISP. If you do not know what it is, open your current email account, click on the servers tab, and in the smtp related dialogue box, you will see the smtp server information. If you are not currently using your ISPs smtp server, you may also use smtp.spinnakerweb.com.
- When it asks for Account Name, insert your entire email address, such as email@example.com and enter the password we have agreed to. (Note: By default many email clients will just put the first part of your email address, be sure to add the @ and everything after it as well.)
- When the last window opens, just click on finish, and the account should be working.
Additional Steps if You are Using smtp.spinnakerweb.com for Your SMTP Server
- If you are using smtp.spinnakerweb.com for your SMTP server, select the account you just created and click on the Servers tab, then check the My server requires authentication checkbox.
- Then go to the Advanced tab Under Outgoing Mail (SMTP) place a check mark in the box for This server requires a secure connection.
- Lastly, change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) dialog from 25 to 465 and click OK.
The locations of some of these settings will vary depending on the version of Outlook or Outlook express that you use.
Using a Web browser such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome
- Go to: http://www.spinnakerweb.com and click on Webmail Login in the right column.
- Use your email address and password to securely login. (Note: Be sure to enter your entire email address where it says ID: and your password in the line below it.)